Inspiring you to make healthy food and choices one step at a time

May 30, 2011

Smoked Salmon Yogurt Dip


Would you expect to find a salmon dip recipe on a fashion blog? I didn't, but here it is.

Smoked Salmon Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 oz. smoked salmon (I got a BOGO)
Splash of lemon juice (very little splash)

Place in food processor and spin until the dip gets thick, pink and creamy. I ate it on Triscuits for a nice little snack. If you have time to let it sit, it just gets better, but for me, that wasn't as option. (When you gotta have, you gotta have it.)

You can also add other ingredients if you wish, but the point for this dip today was to satisfy a craving for a smoked salmon cream cheese bagel. Yes, sometimes I just want one. This had to be something quick, easy AND healthy.

Healthy Exchanges:

Exchanged cream cheese for plain Greek yogurt

Exchanged bagel for original whole grain Triscuits or my gluten free crackers


Satisfaction? Yes, in my tummy, checkbook and my "thinker", knowing I made an investment in my well being.
  



5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh, I bet my family would love this. It would be a hit at brunches with bagels & stuff!

Rebekah said...

This looks DIVINE! I absolutely love all things food and cooking, and these ingredients are on my shopping list =) Thx for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a great recipe for the summer. I bet my family would love this.

Kirstin said...

Good morning! Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday. This recipe sounds amazing. How easy, and with so few ingredients....yum-o!!

Customized Essay said...

Yummy recipe.. Thanks for sharing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails